Irrigation New Zealand’s goal is to grow the number of SMART irrigators to 90% of all irrigators by 2025. To successfully achieve this will require the irrigation service industries, irrigators, and irrigation schemes to come aboard. The SMART Irrigation aims are set high, and require support from government and communities if they are to be apart of our archives.
Who’s doing it well? Find out more about SMART Irrigators in your region. Let SMART Irrigation help. Contact email@example.com to learn more about SMART Irrigation.
Te Hapua Orchard (a Heinz Watties grower) is a SMART Irrigator
- Used as a trial site by Heinz Watties for…..read more
Rakaia Inc. is a SMART Irrigator
- Use Aquaflex soil moisture monitoring to inform irrigation decisions
- Calibrating their system to better…..read more
Blyth Orchard (part of the Mr Apple company) is a SMART Irrigator
- Use drip-micro irrigation under their trees
- Only apply…..read more
Ross Mutton is a SMART Irrigator
- Installed a larger pump and increased water pressure to improve sprinkler performance
- Moved to…..read more
Corrigan Sowman is a SMART Irrigator
- Was an early adopter of technology including telemetry to better control pumping
- Improved K-Line…..read more
Alastair Studholme is a SMART Irrigator
- He allocates water smartly depending on the type of crop and the prior weather…..read more
Water Supply Products provide SMART Irrigation technology and advice:
- They offer a wide range of options that maintain good wetted footprint and…..read more
Hew Dalrymple is a SMART Irrigator
- Hew’s use of variable rate irrigation allows modification of individual sprinklers on centre pivot…..read more
Mark Guscott is a SMART Irrigator
- Investing in a reliable irrigation system has allowed Mark to diversify their income to…..read more
RX Plastics are an example of SMART water use
- The G-Set is a technologically advanced Kiwi-designed and made sprinkler which…..read more
South Pacific Seeds are SMART Irrigators
- The use of drip irrigation suit the varieties of vegetables they grow
- Drip irrigation is also…..read more
Purata Farming are SMART Irrigators
- A key focus is making sure that they are only irrigating on productive areas
- Knowing how much…..read more
Stuart Neil is a SMART Irrigator
- Transitioned away from border dyke irrigation to more efficient spray systems
- Measures soil moisture levels…..read more
John Wright is a SMART Irrigator.
- Keeps his irrigation infrastructure well maintained to ensure reliability
- Modernised early on with a move…..read more
Rangitata Diversion Race Management Ltd (RDRML) is a SMART Irrigation scheme.
- Supplies water for diverse user groups in its…..read more
Central Plains Water Limited (CPWL) is a SMART Irrigation scheme.
- Over time Central Plains Water Limited (CPWL) will shift farmers…..read more
Chris Howell from Hawke’s Bay is a SMART Irrigator.
- Uses monitoring technology to ensure they use no more water than…..read more
Julie Ross from North Otago is a SMART Irrigator.
- With husband Matt, filters farm run-off through a restored wetland…..read more
North Otago Irrigation Company (NOIC) is a SMART irrigation scheme.
First irrigation company to:
- Introduce the Audited Farm Environment Plan…..read more
Mark Ericksen is a SMART Irrigator.
- World…..read more
Mark Slee from Mid-Canterbury is a SMART Irrigator.
- Introduced highly efficient GPS…..read more
Richard Dakins from Central Hawkes from is a SMART Irrigator.
- Uses sensor probes…..read more
Matt and Jarrod Ross from the Waitaki…..read more
Roz McKenzie from Mid Canterbury is a SMART Irrigator.
- Invests…..read more
Valetta Irrigation Scheme is a SMART irrigation scheme.
- Made significant (over 40%) water savings by moving to an underground piped network from a previously open channel…..read more
Opuha Water Ltd is a SMART irrigation scheme.
- Built a man-made lake that provides not only water storage for local farmers…..read more